The club’s newest project is our conversion of a 1969 Triumph Spitfire to a 100% electric vehicle. The vehicle was based on a design produced for Standard-Triumph in 1947 by Italian designer Giovanni Michelotti.
- The construction of one car body from the bottom half of one car and the top half of another
- The placement of 12 electric batteries in various compartments of the vehicle
- The positioning and connecting of the controller, transmission, and DC-DC convertor to allow the car to operate efficiently
- Rewiring of the front and rear lighting systems
- Repair of brake and acceleration systems
- Rewiring of the dashboard to suit EV readings